Saturday, July 31, 2010

Winter in July

July is coming to an end, but I think San Francisco is a little confused about the current season. We've had some sunny and even scorching hot days here and there, but for the most part it's been pretty cold. I'm not much of a jacket person but I like wearing scarves to keep warm. Scarves are perfect to wear in the office, running errands or adding a finishing touch to an outfit. I really like the look and ease of an infinity/eternity/circle scarf and decided to try and make my own.


I found a comfy material that feels like a soft t-shirt . I cut a piece 2 yards long and 18 inches wide. Next time I would make it longer and wider because I would have liked an even fuller look.

I just sewed the 2 ends together and didn't even bother to finish the edges. When you look closely, you can tell that I didn't cut straight and I also left the selvage edge on....but it doesn't bother me! Overall I'm happy with my new scarf and want to make more.

No comments:

Post a Comment